Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thank you to the ICU Nurses and Doctors...

So for the last week or so, my life has turned upside down, and I have been on an emotional rollercoaster....  My mother passed away on Saturday, all too soon.  I am still in shock of what happened, and everything seemed so sudden.  I know in time, I will talk more of what happened... but today I wanted to let my blog readers know, how hard it has been for me this past week or two. 

Papercrafting has always been my stress relief... my happy place... where I usually can draw on the good, and left my troubles subside for awhile....  So yes upon returning home, I heading to my craft room, and inbetween the phone calls and tears, I crafted some cards...

Today I thought I would share one that I made for  the ICU Nurses and Doctors at the Kingston General Hospital.  I have to say I have never been in a position where I even know what an ICU is run like (besides what you see on TV)... but every single nurse and doctor were so attentive, understanding, and helpful. I can not say enough about the wonderful care my mom received, and for that I am thankful!

The card I made was of course using the Stamps of Life (sizzix) stand up card! I love these cards... because they look good and are so easy to use.   I also used the triplets butterflies set and mini flower dies from the stamps of life.   

Here is the card when standing up:

Here is the card lying flat before you open it:

And finally a look at the card from an angle so you can see the awesome dimension you can get using the butterfly triplets:



6 comments:

Leanne said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. Huge hugs to you..x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom!! It is so thoughtful of you to make the caretakers cards!!

Lisa Davis said...

So sorry about the lost of your mother. If crafting makes you feel better then that's exactly what you should do.

Iris said...

So sorry for your loss. Your card is lovely and I know the ICU staff will appreciate it.

Shari Z said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I do not know you or your mother, but understand the feelings that are hard to express.

Kimberly Kett said...

Gorgeous card! I love those flowers!